Saturday, February 28, 2009

Elmo’s Big Lift-and-Look Book

I love Pay Less Books and I think that book lovers living in KL are spoilt for choice when it comes to books!

Browsing through Pay Less Books at 1 Utama, I couldn't believe my luck when I came across this perfectly new copy of Elmo's Big Lift-and-Look Book for only RM15 (costs RM50+ now)!

A huge fan of the Sesame Street TV show since I was 9, I examined this brightly coloured board book with great interest.

Babies, toddlers and preschoolers will LOVE Elmos Big Lift and Look Book (Sesame Street) because Elmo brings them through:
  • numbers 1 - 10
  • letters A - Z
  • shapes and colours
  • opposites and
  • a mini treasure hunt for Elmo's teddy bear.
With more than 60 flaps inside the book, the toddler has great fun with the book since he was 14 months old. Then, I'd teach him the names of familiar objects in the pictures or under the flaps.
Now, I can use the book to teach him his numbers and alphabets - he enjoys counting 1-10 as he searches for each number and identifies the items under them.

The ABCs are arranged on a stack of "blocks", which make them seem real and 3D-like. The pages on shapes, colours and opposites are also great because there is so much action happening for Elmo and the Sesame Street characters that he'll tell me little stories about what's happening!

The only tricky part is in the American "big" and "little" vs the British "big" and "small". Also, I didn't quite like the amount of junk food found on the numbers page e.g. soda pop and hot dogs but that's unavoidable, I guess.

The bright colours, the attractive, simple and useful illustrations of Elmo and other Sesame Street characters and familiar objects in a child's life make Elmos Big Lift and Look Book (Sesame Street) a wonderful, wonderful read :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment