Saturday, March 28, 2009

Article: Wild Ride to Wuyishan (Wuyi Mountain)

Culture is another one of my favourite topics and I was delighted when my feature article on a trip climbing up Wuyi mountain or “Wuyishan” (武夷山) in China was published in the Star’s “Weekender” column.

I will never, never forget this trip because:

a) we were travelling with our 2 year old toddler and
b) it’s our first trip off the beaten track of Beijing and Shanghai. This is the REAL China!

The train ride from Xiamen to Wuyishan was a culturally-enriching experience in itself.

And the risky bamboo ride down Nine Bend stream? Definitely one to be stored away in my book of stories for the grandchildren and never to be repeated if we have a child with us.

But the adventure traveller? Go for it!

Read the article below (in PDF) about our amazing adventure:

No comments:

Post a Comment