Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Article: Beading Glory

An enterprising woman crafts baubles threaded with conservation, friendship and community service.

How many people do you know become business partners with their maid?

Francesca Kiing is one such person I've had the chance to meet and interview. I once attended a wedding dinner in Kuching and as is the case sometimes, I'd only know the bride or the bridegroom and nobody else.

Seated with strangers, I'd usually start talking with the people next to me first. At this dinner party though, the beautiful lady seated across me looked radiant in a white bustier but her exquisite, intricate necklace caught my eye that I just had to ask her about it. 

And what do you know?

One, the lady turns out to be a former Malaysia Airlines air stewardess. 

Two, she owns a bead business. 

Three, her domestic helper from Indonesia is now her business partner.

Read the article below for the rest of the story :

No comments:

Post a Comment