Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Scrapbooks: All About Memory Albums

I enjoy making colleges and scrapbooks because I can jot down notes about photos, attach any accompanying memorabilia and finally, embellish it with colourful materials.

For the next few months, I plan to make a few scrapbooks and get my children involved in the creation of their own memory albums.

Last weekend, I hunted high and low for a beginner's guide to scrapbooking at the library. Leaving the kids to hunt for their books, I browsed through the aisles and found the perfect guide book:

All About Memory Albums
This book is a wonderful guide for beginners because it shows you the tools, papers, punches, die cuts, templates and other fun stuff you need to create a memory album or scrapbook. 

Although a bit old-fashioned, the book still gives great tips for page construction, cropping, matting, lettering and other embellishments to make your scrapbook special.

Currently, my scrapbook making inventory consists of plain coloured paper, corrugated paper, scissors, stickers, glue and of course, lots of photos. I think I will definitely need this:

WOOF Scrapbook Kit by New Seasons

Where Do I Begin?

Although the book suggests working with the most recent photos first, I feel like starting with their baby photos. Children love listening to stories about their childhood and you may hear questions like these:

"What am I doing here?"
 "Was I a naughty baby?"

Telling them about the time they were babies also helps them appreciate the fact that they were little once. This way, they may be more sensitive towards babies and toddlers around them.

It's also a great opportunity for them to see how far they have progressed since the time they were gurgling babies. I would love to create baby albums like this one:

Your Birthday Book: A Keepsake Journal
Then, I'll get All Boy Scrapbook Pages (Memory Makers) and All Girl Scrapbook Pages for them to pick and choose for their individual scrapbooks.

After I am done with the baby scrapbooks, I must quickly move on to the School Years: A Family Keepsake of School Memories.


He has such fun memories at his kindergarten, I must put together a scrapbook he can look through because he talks so much about his friends and school activities.

Here's another guide book I found: Scrapbooking Friends And Family


Believe it or not, I also need to make a scrapbook for our wedding! Yes, we have been married for ages but I still have a lot of keepsakes from our wedding in a box. Definitely need to organize them into a scrapbook because our wedding was a huge family affair. Lots of beautiful memories there :)

I am also going to make a memory album of my Dad too because I have a box full of his art, his photos, his writings and other small keepsakes of him. I am sure we would all enjoy looking through this scrapbook during Christmas...

I have all these ideas, guides and scrapbook materials, I only need to shop for a few scrapbooks: If you don't see me till Christmas or New Year's, you'll know what I'm busy with.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment